Electronic regulators made of state-of-the-art electronic components to assure high performance & reliability. Electronic regulators equipped with output voltage regulator trimmer, a stability control trimmer & a low frequency protection trimmer.
- Small and compact size.
- Durable under dust, damp and vibration.
- Under frequency protection : When the generator frequency drops below the set point, generator output voltage is decreased with the curve proportional to the frequency.
- Over Excitation : In case of over excitation the AVR shuts down the output to protect the generator winding coil from burning out.
Electric Features include
- Insulation of ‘F/H’ class material for both Stator & Rotor.
- Tropicalized Windings.
- Low-loss lamination used.
- Voltage adjusted by an electronic regulator/compounding transformer.
Mechanical features include
- Steel casing with end side covers in cast iron.
- Shaft is of high-tensile C40 steel.
- Rotor is of laminated steel (with salient poles for a runaway speed of drive motors.
- Rotor equipped with damping cage to allow satisfactory operation even in single-phase, distorted loads.
- Bearings with life-long lubrication up to size 6313.
- Self-ventilation enabled through a fan fitted onto the shaft.
Degree of Protection
- IP 23
- Performance date reported in catalogue valid for operations at Altitude not exceeding 1000m ASL.
- Ambient temperature not exceeding 40oC.
Asynchronous Motor Start
- 1 HP for each kVA of alternator can be started.
Short Circuit Current
- In 3-phase symmetric short circuit, exceeds rated current by 300%, ensuring correct operation of protection.
- 10% overload for 1 hour every 6 hours is normally accepted.
- Short overloads can be very high (3 times the rated current.)
At full load, voltage returns to nominal value in less than 0.1 seconds.
Standard units meet EN50081-1 and EN50082-1 standards. Upon request, filters can be studies & produced according to more restrictive specifications.
Operating at Slow Speed
Self-regulation of Brushless alternators allows slow speed operations without danger of undergoing damages.
Terminal Board & Terminal Box
Terminal box is of sheet steel & contains main terminals board & automatic voltage regulator/compounding transformer. Dimensions of terminal box allow easy access for connecting terminals on terminal board. A lateral opening allows access to potentiometer on regulator and set the voltage without opening the terminals box.
Single Phase Duty
Single-phase output power is approximately 40% of 3-phase rated power in star connections (using phase voltage) or 65% of 3-phase rated power in delta connections.
Output Voltage Waveform
Waveform of no-load line voltage or applying a balanced linear 3-phase load is sinusoidal with harmonical residual less than 5%.
Voltage accuracy in static conditions is within ‡5% (with compounding transformer).
Transient Voltage Drop
At full load, the transient voltage drop is less than 10%
Brushless series alternators manufactured pursuant to provisions of IS 4722 & IS 13364 directives.